September 20, 2022
As our division continues with the elementary boundary adjustment process, families are invited to participate in Prince George County Public Schools' Boundary Adjustment Survey, open now through Monday, October 31.
The boundary adjustment process started with the goal of establishing new elementary boundaries beginning with the 2023-24 school year as the district prepares to open Middle Road Elementary School along Middle Road (Route 646) between Jefferson Park Road and the Interstate 295 overpass.
This new state-of-the-art campus will replace William A. Walton Elementary School. When Middle Road Elementary School opens in early 2023, students currently attending Walton Elementary School will move into the new building. As noted above, the new boundaries will not go into effect until the fall of the 2023-24 school year.
The purpose of this survey is to collect feedback from our community about the options proposed in accordance with the following criteria established by the Prince George School Board and school division:
To the greatest extent possible:
- Minimize the number of students affected by boundary changes
- Assign students to their closest school
- Distribute the students in military families among all elementary schools equitably
- Balance enrollment among all schools in a way to limit the likelihood of future changes
- Balance the socio-economics at all schools
- Do not impact students currently attending William A. Walton Elementary School.